Thursday, July 2, 2009

Day 29

I had a pretty good day yesterday. There was a celebration in the morning at work to celebrate our new name/brand so I had to get up early and miss walking the dog to get there in time. As part of the celebration there were several volunteer opportunities for us. I went to Torrey Pines Beach to pick up trash. It was actually a lot of fun but I found that Torrey Pines is a very clean beach so there isn't much trash to pick up. It seems like they could have sent us north a bit where a beach truly needed us. Oh well. It was better than being at work :D

I ended up going out to lunch with a co-worker after our beach time but I got a great salad with a grilled chicken breast on it from a nearby cafe. It was really good. So while I didn't eat strictly my packed meals, I did eat good stuff. I was extra hungry last night. This typically happens a few days after I start reducing my calories. It'll pass and all will be okay.

My give yesterday: To the people of San Diego, cleaning up the beach.

Today I'm grateful for: I was going to say holidays since we're getting a 3-day weekend. heehee! I'm grateful for my chickens and their fresh eggs they lay almost daily. I'm sitting here looking forward to eating a fresh egg for my breakfast soon. They are so flavorful and fresh.

My plan for today: Today should be my day to run for C25K but it's my yoga day too so I think I'll hold off on C25k until tomorrow. I don't really have time for both since I do my run at work. I can run Friday and Sunday at the gym so that'll work. I'll pack my meals for today too.

No comments: