Friday, July 3, 2009

Day 30

Day 30! The final day of the program but certainly not the final day of this journey. One thing I knew for sure going into this program is that the thing holding me back is me. I know what to do to become healthier. I have a lot of resistance built up: I judge myself on days when I don't do exactly as I planned (which then turns into multiple days because I've judged myself), I frequently fall into a space of not believing I can do it, and sometimes I think I don't deserve to get there. I've gotten to week 4 of the C25K program which means 16 minutes of running in a 30 minute period--that's a great physical leap to have made in the past 30 days. On a mental/emotional/spiritual level, I'm not wishing for the magic program that will get me to where I want to be. That's a leap too! I've spent so much time looking for something that will get me there and not seeing that I am there already. I kept saying in my head "I want to learn this lesson" but I missed the point that I am going to be learning a new lesson all the time. I'm not going to get to a point in life where there are no lessons to learn even if I live to be 100. As long as I'm willing to work on myself there will always be new things to discover about myself. Relationships will change and I'll have to discover how to navigate that. I'll be presented with new challenges and have to discover abilities I didn't know I had. Life will give me exactly what I need every day for the evolution of my consciousness and the unfoldment of my soul.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.