Saturday, May 26, 2007

Thoughts During Meditation

This morning as I was laying in Shavasana (corpse pose) in yoga class, several thoughts ran through my head. There are periods of time when life just seems to be running so smoothly--I'm counting my calories, I'm feeling thin, I'm exercising regularly, I feel at peace in my mind. The world just seems to be in technicolor durign those periods of time. Some might think that could be a boring time but I like having a regular schedule--as long as there is time for unscheduled, spontaneous fun things too. But then there is some special occasion--four days at a hotel for work, parents visiting for 5 days--that I get off track. I'm extra busy and a bit stressed from the event itself and then on top of that I don't eat like I should, I don't exercise like I should, I don't get to yoga as often as I'd like and then the world seems extra gray. {Or maybe this is all just a lack of sun due to the May Gray we're experiencing! haha!}
Today SBF Donna was telling me about how things are just blooming and opening up and that life feels wonderful. I so understand what she's talking about. I've experienced it. I was experiencing it not too long ago in fact! My physical body is so much happier when I keep to the guidelines of my 90 Day Challenges.
And so I wondered as I was laying there in Shavasana...should we not do those things like go on trips or have visitors? or do we forego some but not all of the activities of those events so that we can stick to our "plan" better? or do we just get through the event, then get back on track? I'm seeing that when I get off track because of an event it's extra work to get on track, I don't feel good during those times (physically or mentally), and I feel like I've lost a few days of joy and happiness. On the other hand, foregoing trips and having visitors doesn't sound enjoyable either. Those little things add spice to life. So I guess it boils down to sticking to my guns and giving up a few activities or meal items so I can stick to my calories and exercise plan. Shoot...I was hoping there would be an easier answer. ;)

No comments: