Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Day 27

Day 27! Just a few days left!

Things I'm Proud of from Yesterday: I had a really good day yesterday. I had decided to start back to being militant about my food plan and I was! I got hungry a few times but reminded myself I'd be eating in an hour or so (it was never longer than that until my next mini-meal--the beauty of eating 5-6 mini meals per day). I also looked up the word militant in the Thesaurus. There weren't many synonyms that I liked for that word. Scrappy is cute but not really reflective of the situation. Another one listed was "fierce" and I kind of liked that. So from now one this is the "Fierce Meal Plan" :) I didn't do C25K or get any other exercise but I was trying to get over once & for all the icky about-to-get-sick feeling that has been coming and going for a few days while my sinus allergies have been acting up. I think I've finally gotten enough allergy meds in me as I have been able to breathe for 36 hours without decongestant spray. Yaaay!

My plan for today: Eat "Fierce" :) and do C25k Week 4!

Something I'm grateful for: All the wonderful new people that have entered my life recently. I've been feeling a bit lonely for friends lately as a long-time friendship has started to feel as though it is slipping away (I read recently that friendships usually have a 6 or 7 year lifespan so I guess I shouldn't be surprised). Meeting my accountability partner Sunday (Hi Carey!), hanging out Friday night with a woman I used to work with, and praying with a woman at church on Sunday...all these connections have really made me feel like I'm not alone. That is very important to me. I love my husband and he is my friend, but I need to feel connected to others as well.

My Daily Give: Yesterday I stayed home all day so I didn't see many people, but I did arrange a dinner meeting with 2 friends. I'd also say that staying home from work yesterday was more of a gift to my spirit than it was a true sick day. My spirit was feeling crushed at the thought of going to work yesterday.

No comments: